Ever since I’ve started my gluten-free diet, I love finding more GF recipes, flourless baked goods, and other delicious healthy goodies! As summer is nearing to an end, it’s time to indulge and soak in the last bits of summer! I found a flourless brownie recipe from Yammie’s Noshery who has amazing photographs and simple recipes to follow. These brownies was rich in chocolate, moist, and compared to regular brownies, this has a very fudygy texture! You can substitute the dark chocolate cocoa powder with milk chocolate.
Yields 12-15 brownies in 13 X 9 pan
Modifications-Less sugar, 100% cocoa powder, no nuts, added apple sauce & cinnamon
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup 100% cocoa powder (dark chocolate)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp instant coffee powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Dash of ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the white and brown sugar, oil and applesauce until well combined.
3. Add eggs and whisk into mixture. In separate small bowl, mix vanilla and instant coffee powder until it dissolves before adding it into mixture.
Add the vanilla/coffee liquid into mixture. Add cocoa powder, salt and cinnamon.
4. Beat until the mixture is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. In a greased pan, pour mixture and bake for 25 minutes. Let brownies cool before cutting.
Enjoy with milk or coffee!