Have you ever tried a Lotust Flower Cupcake or know how to make one? Well it’s pretty simple. These pretty cupcakes were made for a fundraiser which we collected about $300 in 4 hours! We sold a lot of baked goods (5 products which were baked in 4 hours) so I was really tired at the end of the night!
Fortunately, these cupcakes were one of the most popular goods sold and everyone loved it! Be creative with these flowers in terms of color and arrangement! I recommend substituting vegetable oil/any oil with apple sauce in your cake mix for a healthier alternative.
- Box of Cake Mix
- Mini or regular sized marshamallows
- Sugar Sprinkles (any color)
- Frosting (any kind)
- Follow directions on cake mix and replace oil with apple sauce (same amount as the box amount)
- Once cupcakes are baked, let them cool for 15-20 minutes
- Frost the cupcakes with any kind of flavor
- Marshmallow petals- Use a scissor and cut the marshmallows diagonally
- Since marshmallows are already sticky, add sugar sprinkles on top of “petal”
- Stick “petal” onto frosted cupcake and repeat as many times as you want
Enjoy, Serve, and Admire!
I wish I could practice more cupcake designs, experiment and taste different frostings and icings. Since classes are cancelled due to the hurricane, I spent some time browsing through Flickr for some cool, creative, and funky cupcake designs. There were so many to choose from, but I tried to narrow it down to my most favorite.
Here are my top 10:
- Flower Design Cupcake
- Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cupcake
- Despicable Me cupcakes
- Hogwarts Cupcake
- “Luxury” Cupcakes
- Giant Cupcake w/ Flowers
- Comic Book Cupcakes
- Panda Cupcakes
- Delicate Birthday Cupcake
- Love Letter Cupcake
Hope you enjoyed and find inspiration in these wonderfully designed cupcakes!
I love bananas! Bananas are my go to for baked goods, smoothies, quick snack, and more! Banana is especially great for cupcakes, bread and cakes! These banana cupcakes I made are moist, delicious, and have a nice healthy component to it. I plan to make Chocolate Banana cupcakes when I get back home. So look out for a post soon!
Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes by Baked Perfection
Yields 12 cupcakes
Ingredients (Modifications-flour,banana, chocolate chips and added cinnamon)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (whatever type you have at home)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add milk, vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time until well beaten.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into mixture.
- Add mashed bananas.
- Stir in chocolate chips with wooden spoon/rubber spatula into well combined mixture
- Pour cupcake batter into lined cupcake cup pan.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Let cupcakes cool on wired racks or plate before putting on frosting. Serve and Enjoy!